Monday, March 28, 2011

Greek Lemon and Rice Soup Recipe

I am SO happy I found this recipe!  My husband and I used to go to a little Greek restaurant once and a while, and we would both order the soup to start.  It was Greek Lemon soup.  I will never forget the first time I tasted it, it was love at first bite!  The soup was so creamy and delicious, I've never tasted anything like it.  I searched high and low for a soup similar but was unsuccessful, until now, thanks to http://www.cooks.com/ I found a recipe that tastes exactly like the soup I used to eat at Leoni's Restaurant.

This soup is SO easy to make, I was ecstatic when I made it, I felt like I should be doing more work, and honestly didn't believe it would taste the same, but it did!!

This recipe yielded me only 2 bowls, so if you want more than that, I recommend doubling.

You must try this, I know you will love it!!

Enjoy!!

3 c. chicken broth
2 to 3 oz. uncooked regular rice
2 eggs
3 tbsp. lemon juice
Dash of salt
Dash of white pepper   (Black is fine too!)
 

In 2-quart saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat, add rice, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. In small bowl, beat eggs and lemon juice. Stirring constantly, add 1 cup of hot soup, a little at a time. Stir mixture into soup in pan and heat. Do not boil! Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 4. NOTE: 2 oz. rice makes thinner soup; 3 oz. rice makes thick soup. Weight instead of measurement gives the option of using medium grain rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment