Monday, March 21, 2011

Back to "normal" (whatever that is!!!)

Well, it was a hectic week while kids were out of school!  I had my 6 year old son, my 5 month old son, our new puppy and our crazy cat all to myself all week!

The first day was hell; the puppy got worms (sorry if you are eating while reading this, that'll teach ya!!) so I had to take her to the vet, while explaining to my 6 year old why we had to postpone the activities I had promised him for that day.

At home I was scrubbing, sanitizing and washing like a mad woman, just the thought of the disgusting parasites made me clean more and more, I was cleaning things that didn't need to be cleaned!

The puppy was fine the second day, so I packed up the two boys and went on a cross border shopping trip, I was afraid at first, wondering "what am I doing, this isn't going to go over very good" but surprisingly, the trip was fantastic; there were no freakouts from the 6yr old, and I only had to park behind a deserted building to nurse the baby once!  (I know, it's crazy, but I don't nurse in public!!!) 

Day three brought us to a reptile exhibit at a local mall, nothing spectacular, some snakes, an alligator and a bunch of turtles, the kids enjoyed it.

The rest of the week we just kinda stayed around home, did some yard stuff, went to the stores around home, then my 6year old invited himself to stay over night at his Gammy's, giving me a much deserved break!  YES!!!  

Finally, to end our break, the family went to a Maple Sugar Shack to enjoy some real maple syrup and pancakes.

I love my children dearly, but am glad the break is over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment